Condos Rental Accommodations For The 2010 Whistler
Luxury Condos are available for rent during the 2010
Vancouver Whistler Olympics. Whistler village condos
for rent with incredible walking distance of the Whistler
2010 Olympics. You will love the great rental accommodation
condos during your trip to Whistler BC Canada.
The Vancouver Whistler 2010 Olympics Timeline
- 2005 – 2006 Venue construction begins on all
2010 competition and non-competition sites
- February 10 – 26, 2006 - 2006 Olympic Winter
Games in Torino, Italy. VANOC sends an observation
- March 10 – 19, 2006 - 2006 Paralympic Winter
Games in Torino. VANOC sends an observation team.
- Summer 2007 - Construction to begin on the Vancouver
Olympic Village and the Whistler Olympic and Paralympic
- 2007 Vancouver 2010 Winter Games mascot to be selected.
- Winter 2007 / 2008 Games venues to be available
for athlete training.
- 2008 VANOC to begin volunteer recruitment. An estimated
25,000 volunteers are required to stage the Games.
- August 8 – 24, 2008 2008 Olympic Summer Games
in Beijing, China. VANOC sends an observation team.
- September 6 – 17, 2008 2008 Paralympic Summer
Games in Beijing. VANOC sends an observation team.
- Fall 2008 Vancouver 2010 Winter Games ticket sales.
- Winter 2008 / 2009 Official test events for the
2010 Winter Games.
- 2008 Media Accreditation for the 2010 Winter Games.
An estimated 10,000 media members expected.
- Fall 2009 2010 Winter Games Olympic Flame (torch)
- February 12 – 28, 2010 XXI Olympic Winter
- March 12 – 21, 2010 X Paralympic Winter Games
The venues for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic
Winter Games stretch over a 120-kilometre zone from
the shores of Richmond, just south of Vancouver, through
Vancouver’s downtown centre, north to the snowy
peaks of the mountain resort of Whistler. Drawing on
new and existing facilities, the goal is to create spectacular
theatres for sport that provide top conditions for athletes
and a welcome place for spectators to capture the excitement
The Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic
and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC) was established
on September 30, 2003. The Committee’s mandate
is to support and promote the development of sport in
Canada by planning, organizing, financing and staging
the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
VANOC is guided by a 20-member board of directors nominated
by the Government of Canada, the Province of British
Columbia, the City of Vancouver, the Resort Municipality
of Whistler, the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian
Paralympic Committee and local First Nations.
For more Vancouver Whistler 2010 Olympics village
condo rental accommodation information, please view
properties online or contact
us directly and we would be pleased to assist you.