Park Opens For 2007 Season
WHISTLER Canada - May 2007
The adrenaline-fueled Whistler Mountain Bike Park opens
May 19. Thanks to 46 feet (1409cm) of snow this season
and a current base of 310cm (122 inches) of snow, besides
biking, mountain warriors can still board and ski the
snow-covered runs of Blackcomb Mountain until June 3.
Also, rippin' chicks can stay tuned for the launch
of Women's Wednesdays, which run weekly from 5pm to
8pm. The evening sessions offer lift ticket discounts
and free guides to ladies in a fun and supportive environment.
The Triple Play Card is back, offering three days of
riding in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park for $109 (US$106)
– a $40 savings off regular adult tickets. Riders
can save nearly 25per cent off additional days in the
park and can go directly to the lift by connecting their
Triple Play Card to their credit card. Anyone who purchases
a Triple Play Card before May 31 will receive it for
Whistler Mountain Bike Park: Park Particulars:
- Vertical 1,500 m / 5,000 ft (guided bike tours from
- Vertical 1,175 m / 3,855 ft (unguided from top of
the Whistler Village Gondola)
- 45+ trails total on mountain
- Over 200 km of lift-serviced, gravity-fed, adrenaline-fueled
descending trails, for every level of rider
- 17% Beginner Terrain - gentle banked cruisers through
the Coastal forest
- 23% Intermediate Terrain - tight and twisty single
- 60% Expert Terrain - steep rock faces, gnarly root-strewn
lines and drop offs of all descriptions.
Check out the rental shop next to the Gondola, featuring
the biggest and best high performance Kona bike fleet
in Whistler. Both downhill and valley bike rentals are
available. All bikes are serviced daily.
The Whistler Bike Park will be open weekends
9am to 6pm and weekdays 10am to 5pm from May 19 to June
15. Extended Play hours begin June 16, running daily
from 10am to 8pm.